Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The mission statement of the Herb Society of America is to "promote the knowledge, use and delight of herbs through educational programs, research and sharing the experience of its members with the community.
The Society is committed to protecting our global environment for the health and well- being of humankind and all growing things. We encourage gardeners to practice environmentally sound horticulture.
The Motto of the Society is taken from the herbalist, John Parkinson: "For Use and Delight"
Next Meeting Date
August 22 , 2017
10 AM to 12 Noon
956 FM 2325
SAVE THE DATE
11am to 2pm
RR 12 @ W. Spoke Hill Wimberly, Tx
Explore The Herb Society of America
Hill Country Unit
Herb Society of America
Tips for Use:
• Use lemon basil anywhere you would use basil and lemon flavors, like salad dressings, sauces, compound butter, herbal vinegar, chicken or fish, in baked goods, with fruit and in beverages.
• Add a handful to pork, seafood or vegetable stir-fry just before the end of cooking
• Create cocktails and other beverages with a basil simple syrup.
• Chiffonade or use a sprig as a flavorful garnish
• As with other basils, add at the end of cooking times or use fresh
• Store freshly cut lemon basil in water on the countertop
Check out more recipes for on our Cooking with Herbs page.