Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The mission statement of the Herb Society of America is to "promote the knowledge, use and delight of herbs through educational programs, research and sharing the experience of its members with the community.
The Society is committed to protecting our global environment for the health and well- being of humankind and all growing things. We encourage gardeners to practice environmentally sound horticulture.
The Motto of the Society is taken from the herbalist, John Parkinson: "For Use and Delight"
Next Meeting Date
November 15, 2017
9 AM to 12 Noon
956 RR 2325
Lee Ann Bower
Learn how to make herbal butters with hands on training and butters to take home
Herb Basics by Sara Holland
will be from 9 to 9:30am
Social Time 9:30 to 10am
Explore The Herb Society of America
Hill Country Unit
Herb Society of America
• The plant that produces the sesame seed, is an annual broadleaf plant that grows 5-6’ tall with bell shaped flowers that form at the leaf axil (where the stem and leaf meet).
• The plant is cultivated for its edible seeds which are also used to make an oil, as well as healing
• The seeds are used to top baked goods, milled into flour, crushed into a paste (tahini), pressed to produce oil, and used in sweet and savory dishes all over the world.
• Sesame seed colors include black, gray, red, and off-white to tan.
• Plant seeds when soil has warmed to approximately 80˚F in areas that receive 90-150 frost-free
• Harvest as seeds ripen, dry and store out of direct light or in the freezer.